Friday, January 4, 2013

Help I'm on Pinterest and I can't get off!



Hello, my name is Angee and I am a Pinterest Addict. A Pinhead, if you will, and I lead a very Pinteresting life. 

 You may already have a board on Pinterest filled with all of the DIY projects, recipes, and crafts you want to try, but haven't quite gotten around to. Maybe you suspect your attempt could turn out looking like it was made by a five-year-old with flippers for hands.

When I first heard of Pinterest, I wanted nothing to do with it. I thought it would just be another SM site I would have to maintain. Then I pinned my 1st pin…Oh. My. Word. I didn't eat or sleep for three days.  Initially, I said all Pinterest made me want to do was get drunk, eat foods not good for me and spend money I didn’t have redecorating my home.  But I was still hooked and I pinned until my pinning finger cramped up and begged for mercy.


I pinned recipes I would never cook: lamb dishes, fancy crown roast with the little chef hats, and desserts that would take hours to make. I found beautifully decorated rooms completely out of my budget, funny jokes, and ‘just in case’ stuff.  There was no rhyme or reason to my pinning. But, the beauty of Pinterest is that all of these ideas are in picture form right there for your viewing pleasure!  You see what other people are pinning and then re-pin the ideas that interest you onto your own boards.  Pins on Pinterest get passed around more than a cold in a daycare.  

At some point, it dawned on me to clean out my sadly-neglected-hardly-opened ‘favorite’ boards and only pin things that truly mattered to me...foods or DIY projects I would actually make. Now I use Pinterest as my online resource guide. Tired of the same old Ritz Cracker coated chicken? I go to my Yumtastic board and find something new to make. If I need some inspiration for an upcoming event I’m planning, I go to my Eventions Inspiration or DIY Party Planning 101  boards.  BRILLIANT!  Now don’t get me wrong, I still have a few boards of nonsense, like my board All About the Shoes! because someday I WILL buy a $1,600.00 pair of shoes.  


I find things on Pinterest that are so inventive, comical, absurd, and obnoxious, but that’s what makes it so awesome.  Below are a few of my favorite Pinterest projects: 

Pinterest Success Stories:

a friend of mine made this one

my daughter made this one

this was my 1st attempt at making them and now I am addicted to them as well.

Pinterest Fails: 

Photo Credit The Dainty Squid
 
Now these were not a complete fail.  I made these, and although they were OK, they weren’t perfect. I didn’t completely follow the instructions. I used contact paper instead of tape; I used about eight coats of paint instead of two or three. So when the participants scratched to see if they were winners, the scratch off part came off in one piece instead of coming off like a normal scratch off ticket. However, I WILL try these again. 

Be sure to check out all of my boards on Pinterest for DIY Valentine’s Day cards, some of my favorite fashions, ideas for adult sips, and much more!! I hope you enjoy them!

Happy pinning!!


Are you a Pinterest Addict? Find out today!


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment