Monday, January 7, 2013

25 of My Favorite DIY Valentine Gifts


I’m not one of those people who grips about Valentine’s Day being an overly commercialized holiday designed to make single people feel bad, but I’m also not one to dress in pink and red and hand out those chalk-tasting conversation hearts to everyone either. 

I’ve always enjoyed Valentine’s Day as an excuse to make something cute that shows I care.  Anyone can go buy roses or chocolates, but why not give something you made yourself?  I am always surprised at what people are willing to pay for items that are easily made at home. At Valentine's, folks pay $25 for a 12-piece box of high-end chocolate, which equals one gift for one love. 

I don’t know about you, but I have more than one love in my life. In fact, buying for my family and friends could cause me to seek silver in the couch cushions.

My solution for fighting against excessive loss of disposable income due to generosity is to make cards and gifts myself. Plus, the homemade element puts the spirit back into the holiday. I know I always feel good giving away goodies. 

There are so many great DIY Valentine gift ideas this year, especially with the explosion of Pinterest. Here are 25 of my favorite DYI ideas for your sweetheart, children, friends, neighbors, co-workers, or teachers. 


  1. Play Doh Valentines (comes with instructions & FREE printable bag topper!)
  2. Valentine Pencils
  3. Love Bug Valentines (comes with instructions & FREE printable) 
  4. Blow Me A Kiss Valentines
  5. Bee Mine Valentines (comes with instructions & FREE printable) 
  6. You’re Dino-Mite Valentines (comes with instructions & FREE printable) 
  7. My Little Valentine (super easy, get the kids involved)
  8. Fudgy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Valentine
  9. Dino-Mite Valentines  (comes with instructions & FREE printable) 
  10. Conversation Heart Cheesecakes
  11. Conversation Heart Bark
  12. Conversation Heart Pops
  13. Candy Cellphones Valentines
  14. Candy Heart Topiary
  15. You Make My Heart POP!
  16.  I Was Soapin’ (perfect for teachers)
  17. Strawberry 2 Ingredient Fudge
  18. You Make My Heart Glow (comes with instructions & FREE Printable)
  19. Magnifying Glass Valentines (comes with instructions & FREE Printable)
  20. Heart Crayon & Coloring Page (comes with instructions & FREE Printable)
  21. I Think You’re Just ‘Write’ For Me
  22. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
  23. You’re So Flippin’… (perfect for friend or teacher)
  24. Sweet Treats (several FREE Printables and ideas)
  25. Romantic Movie Basket
  26. You’re The Bomb (I know, 26…I couldn’t decide which one to take off when adding this one.)

Yes, I am still a Pinhead and I found all of these fun ideas on Pinterest. Be sure to check out my Valentine’s Day Love board for lots more Valentine’s DIY ideas, décor, fun recipes and even a few Valentine themed cocktails.

XOXO,
~ Angee













No comments:

Post a Comment