Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Oscar Party Inspiration




The Oscar nominations are in and the date is set. Mark your calendars for February 24, 2013, the biggest night in Hollywood. I know all of the nominees are going to extremes to ensure they look perfect on awards night. They are primping, pampering, botoxing, cleansing, and dieting to fit into whatever luxurious gown (or tux) they have decided upon. The dresses and jewels definitely fit into the “fairy tale” side of Hollywood for me.


Those of you who know me have come to accept and understand my love for celebrity gossip.   I am not sure if it is the fairy tale, the glitz, or the glamour that pulls me in, but I love it!  I am avid reader of Popsugar.com and check in daily for a dose of mindless celebrity entertainment.  I am not saying that I am proud of this addiction, (yes, sadly I cannot live without it, kinda like my addiction to Pinterest) but the Hollywood buzz is too hard for me to resist.

I absolutely love awards season because it combines two of my favorite things: parties and films! I would love to host an Oscar Party, but it isn’t going to happen this year. However, if I did have an Oscar Party I would…

Send this movie ticket invitation to my guest with lots of black and gold confetti inside the envelope. 

Create a 'Life of Pi' bar showcasing some of my favorite mini fried pies and 'Frankenweenies'. I would serve my guest 'Skyfall' martinis. You get the idea, highlight the nominated films in some way. For a complete list of the nominations, click here.  

Create a fun ballot or Oscar Bingo game for your guest to play.  

There are lots of ideas out there on the www but I have compiled some of my favorites on my Pinterest board, And the Award Goes To…   

Here's my inspiration board for more ideas. 




Cheers!
Angee


No comments:

Post a Comment