Every year the wedding industry is influenced by specific wedding trends. Many brides love to follow those ideas and get new fashion décor and entrainment inspiration. Today I wanted to share with you some of the hottest Wedding trends to look out for in 2013, by sharing my favorite top 10.
1. Non-white wedding dress: If you are a bride that wants your wedding to stand out and show off your personal fashion style, then this is the trend for you! Depending on your style, you can be as bold or as subtle as you’d like. You can have your full gown in your chosen color or hints of your color in elements with designs, feathers, lace trim, flowers, etc.
2. Wedding Mad Libs: A great fun way to personalize your wedding and get a fun keepsake is personalized fill in the blank cards. This reminds me of my childhood–endlessly filling out my Mad Lib books. I used to be amazed at my ability to use the same adjective over and over, and still laugh hysterically at myself. Now, imagine having a Wedding Mad Lib guestbook! There’s always that down time after the ceremony when the bride and groom are whisked off for pictures. This would be a good opportunity for your friends and family to fill them out. After they’ve been filled out, have your guests drop the custom color Mad Libs in a designated basket or box before leaving.
3. Teeny Tiny Foods: Anything in itty bitty form just seems to be so much more appetizing. I suppose it has a lot to do with the cuteness factor. With the mini food trend rapidly growing for weddings and other party events, mini foods have become an endless array of unique little bites; everything from mini casseroles to mini pies.
4. Eye-popping cakes: The first cake style that dominates right now is clean and modern with just one amazing embellishment such as a bow, monogram or flower. The second major style takes the opposite tack, using eye-popping color or all-over appliques. And finally, a traditional idea has come around again: Brides are loving cakes that mimic wedding-dress details like lace.
5. First Look Photo Sessions: These sessions are growing in popularity, and I can see why! This not only saves time during the cocktail hour and allows the couple to spend time with guests (which in turn eliminates the receiving line), but it also allows your photographer the opportunity to capture a truly intimate and special moment when the groom sees the bride for the first time. Sometimes the most touching first looks can be between the father of the bride and his daughter! I know it was during my daughter’s wedding. Always a tearful moment!
6. Tweet My Wedding: The economy will continue to play a large part in how brides and grooms approach planning and vendors. Couples are becoming increasingly selective in a world of more and more options. Online tools and apps like Pinterest expand the availability of creative ideas, while social media continues to bring the bride and vendor closer, advancing trust and educating both. I sense that we are seeing the tradeoff of super trendy, bling drenched, wed-to-impress affairs for more intimate, uncomplicated celebrations that are more personal to families, lives, values and easier on the pocketbook.
7. Virtual Guest: In 2013, technology will play in huge role in how couples will share their most precious moments with friends and family around the world. Live-stream weddings will continue to gain popularity and next year will be a defining time for this type of service. If a loved one cannot attend a wedding, couples can opt to "broadcast" their event and allow front row access to anyone, anywhere. It's real-time streaming of a real life event. It's a great idea for couples who want to include more and more people in the wedding. I often ask planning brides if this is something that they would consider, and most are not even aware that this is an option! Look for more live-stream weddings to emerge in 2013.
8. Double Dress: Changing into a ‘reception’ dress or dancing dress will be more popular this year, too: What I like about this is that it is a nod to the ‘going away’ outfit of our mother & grandmother's generations. While brides aren't changing into a sensible suit, they are changing into something that they can dance in.
9. Sweet Tooth: Wedding cake is an absolute must, but 2013 will bring an indulgence in sweet treats: enter the sweet table. Experts say to expect that the sweet offerings at weddings will grow tremendously this year. Think of all your favorite puddings together on one table! Those hand-made or hand crafted food items will continue to be in style. This doesn't necessarily mean ‘rustic’, but cookies made by your mother in the welcome bags, or jam made by granny will be seen more often.
10. Rainbow of Colors: One of the most unique wedding trends of 2013 (and possibly my favorite) will be rainbow wedding elements. While this can seem very overpowering to some brides, when incorporated with white color alone and used properly, it will add great atmosphere and contribute to unique photography ideas at your wedding.
All Photos curiosity of Google Image Serach