|Photo via It's a Brides Life|
One of the hottest trends today in the wedding world is couples choosing a signature cocktail.
Signature cocktails are a great way to show your personality and uniqueness, and brides and grooms everywhere are creating their signature drink for their wedding.
The common wedding signature drink is often a classic cocktail drink like a martini. However, options for signature drinks aren't limited.
Almost any type of alcoholic (or non-alcoholic) drink can be a signature drink, including mojitos, pina colodas, or margaritas and any other type of cocktail. Flavored teas & lemonades make great non-alcoholic options.
Ideas for Wedding Signature Drinks
- Match your signature drink with your wedding theme. (i.e. Pina Coloda or Margarita would be perfect for a beach themed wedding.)
- Match colors from your wedding with the color of your signature drink.
- Create a unique name for your cocktail.
- Your signature drink does not have to be limited to one, it's okay to have one for the bride and the groom.
- Place a sign on the bar indicating the name of your cocktail so that guests are aware that it is available.
- Research different Signature Cocktail ideas.
- Discuss with your wedding planner or friends for more ideas.
Here is my favorite mocktail: Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with Raspberry Ice Cubes. And my favorite cocktail is the Godiva Chocolate Martini.
What is your favorite go to drink? Let me know in the comments below.
Most importantly be a responsible host and don't let your guest drink and drive! Have options available for intoxicated guest.